Analysis of the elements of the story, Indarapatra and Sulayman.I. Characters Protagonists: Indarapatra
- He is brave and wise
- He is king
- He is a warrior
- He is knowledgeable and skillful in hunting, farming, weaving, blacksmithing, healing, fishing, and herding.
- He can fly
- He is compassionate. He showed this personality by being very emotional upon his brother’s death.
- Possesses outstanding leadership qualities (refer to the book, Philippine folk epics: THE EPICS, Introduction, pages xvii to xxiii).
- Also brave
- Obedient to his king
- Without mental reservation, he sets forth to defend and protect his countrymen.
- He can also fly at an incredible speed
- Pah------Very big bird
- Seven-headed bird----Bird with seven heads
Use the Narrative Graph to plot the sequences of events of the story.
· To be a good leader, the story tells us that there are certain qualities one must have. These are the following: 1. loud voice 2. impressive physical appearance 3. captures the ire of his followers, and 4. possesses the ability to face the greater odds that come his way. · A true hero is one who is willing to sacrifice his life so that others may be saved. He uses his abilities to combat and overcome elements that can cause havoc and destruction to the community. He sets forth to the frontline like a pawn ready to face the enemies.
1. Love your country.